Week 4 Progress:
In 4 weeks, I have lost 8 lbs with the Super Shred diet and Nike Training Club Lean Fit workout challenge. **pelvic thrusts** Now I have 42 lbs to go...42 LBS TO GO!!!! Ugh.
Losing that much weight is not going to be easy or quick (unless I max out my credit cards and get liposuction). It is going to take months upon months of working out, dieting, and focus.
To help me keep focused during my weight-loss journey, I am doing the following 3 things:
This is very simple. Find a fitness challenge and do it.
- It helps you develop a regular fitness schedule that is easy to follow and increases with intensity as it progresses.
- It prevents you from feeling overwhelmed by making you focus on a short-term, achievable fitness goal.
- If you get your friends or family to join the challenge, it helps you create a fitness support system to keep you motivated to finish.
- Plus, when you finish, you are fitter and have the sweet satisfaction of completing a fitness goal.
2. Try New Healthy Recipes
The internet is wonderful place to find tons and tons of healthy recipes (note: Pinterest is the best site ever to find yummy, healthy recipes).
- It helps you transition from bad eating habits to good eating habits, by allowing you to eat less calories without feeling deprived.
- It helps you discover new foods and dishes that you can share with your family and friends and impress them with your culinary skills.
- If you cook your meals ahead of time, preferably at the beginning of the week, it will help you stay on your diet and give you less excuses for grabbing for "fast fatty foods" (the dreaded 3 F's).
3. Buy Cute Workout Clothes
Just because you are working out and sweating doesn't mean you can't look good while doing it.
- Having cute workout clothes takes the UGH out of working out by giving you the same feeling as getting dressed up for a night out.
- They tend to be form-fitting, which is a GOOD thing. Wearing oversized and baggy workout clothes make you look frumpy and larger than you really are, skewing your body image. Wearing cute, form-fitting workout clothes provides much-needed support for your jiggly parts and allows you to check your form and make sure you are correctly performing exercises, decreasing injuries and maximizing workout benefits.
- Plus, it helps show off your new developing fit body.